e-Sugam in Tally.erp 9 is just now available with Stat release 143
The Commercial Taxes Department of Karnataka has introduced e-Sugam to upload the transportation details of notified goods before the movement of such goods. The dealer has to first upload the transportation details of despatch/receipt of goods to obtain an acknowledgement called e-SUGAM. For each transaction, the e-SUGAM acknowledgement gets generated with a unique number and acts a valid document for transportation of goods. This number has to be quoted at check post for quick clearance of goods.
In Tally.ERP 9 the e-Sugam feature is introduced to enter the transportation details in the invoice and then generate the XML file – eSUGAM.xml for uploading to the Department website.
e-Sugam in Tally.ERP 9
In the sales invoice, purchase invoice, delivery note, receipt note, debit note and credit note a field – Is e-Sugam Applicable is introduced. After selecting the stock item, sales/purchase ledger and VAT ledger, set the option – Is e-Sugam Applicable to Yes. In the VAT e-Sugam Details screen, enter the transportation details with the unique e-Sugam number obtained in the acknowledgement while uploading the details to the Department website. The details of this transaction can be exported in XML format to eSUGAM.xml file.
A sample entry with the procedure of recording taxable sale of two notified goods taxable at different VAT rates in a single invoice by entering transportation details and e-Sugam number is given below:
Procedure of Recording Sales with e-Sugam Details
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
Enter the transaction in tax invoice as it a taxable sale. As more than one stock item attracting multiple tax rates is to be selected press F12: Configure and set Use Common Ledger A/c for Item Allocation to No.
- In the tax invoice, select the party ledger.
- Select the stock item, enter the quantity and rate to display the amount.
- In the Accounting Details screen, select sales ledger with VAT/tax class – Sales @ 5%.
- Select another stock item, enter the quantity and rate to display the amount.
- In the Accounting Details screen, select sales ledger with VAT/tax class – Sales @ 14%.
- Select the output VAT ledger with the VAT/tax class – Output VAT @ 5% and Output VAT @ 14%.
- Set Is e-Sugam Applicable to Yes.
Procedure for Displaying Vouchers Consisting of the e-Sugam Details
Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > E-VAT Annexures > e-Sugam
- Select the period using F2: Period button. The sample entry is of 1st April so the period is entered as 1st April here.
- Select the Voucher by highlighting it using Spacebar key on the keyboard.
- The e-Sugam number can be entered in e-Sugam Vouchers screen using S: Set e-Sugam No. button (Alt+S).
The above stat version 143 is available for free downloading only to Those Tally users whose Tally.net license is active
Join the free Email Course
Subscribe to join my free email course