e-Sugam |How to enable in Tally.erp 9
e-Sugam in Tally.erp 9 is just now available with Stat release 143
The Commercial Taxes Department of Karnataka has introduced e-Sugam to upload the transportation details of notified goods before the movement of such goods. The dealer has to first upload the transportation details of despatch/receipt of goods to obtain an acknowledgement called e-SUGAM. For each transaction, the e-SUGAM acknowledgement gets generated with a unique number and acts a valid document for transportation of goods. This number has to be quoted at check post for quick clearance of goods.
In Tally.ERP 9 the e-Sugam feature is introduced to enter the transportation details in the invoice and then generate the XML file – eSUGAM.xml for uploading to the Department website.
e-Sugam in Tally.ERP 9
In the sales invoice, purchase invoice, delivery note, receipt note, debit note and credit note a field – Is e-Sugam Applicable is introduced. After selecting the stock item, sales/purchase ledger and VAT ledger, set the option – Is e-Sugam Applicable to Yes. In the VAT e-Sugam Details screen, enter the transportation details with the unique e-Sugam number obtained in the acknowledgement while uploading the details to the Department website. The details of this transaction can be exported in XML format to eSUGAM.xml file.
A sample entry with the procedure of recording taxable sale of two notified goods taxable at different VAT rates in a single invoice by entering transportation details and e-Sugam number is given below:
Procedure of Recording Sales with e-Sugam Details
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
Enter the transaction in tax invoice as it a taxable sale. As more than one stock item attracting multiple tax rates is to be selected press F12: Configure and set Use Common Ledger A/c for Item Allocation to No.
- In the tax invoice, select the party ledger.
- Select the stock item, enter the quantity and rate to display the amount.
- In the Accounting Details screen, select sales ledger with VAT/tax class – Sales @ 5%.
- Select another stock item, enter the quantity and rate to display the amount.
- In the Accounting Details screen, select sales ledger with VAT/tax class – Sales @ 14%.
- Select the output VAT ledger with the VAT/tax class – Output VAT @ 5% and Output VAT @ 14%.
- Set Is e-Sugam Applicable to Yes.
Procedure for Displaying Vouchers Consisting of the e-Sugam Details
Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > E-VAT Annexures > e-Sugam
- Select the period using F2: Period button. The sample entry is of 1st April so the period is entered as 1st April here.
- Select the Voucher by highlighting it using Spacebar key on the keyboard.
- The e-Sugam number can be entered in e-Sugam Vouchers screen using S: Set e-Sugam No. button (Alt+S).
The above stat version 143 is available for free downloading only to Those Tally users whose Tally.net license is active