Excel to Tally is a useful utility created by Arif Masani who is expert in Excel.
Excel is a very easy and yet most useful utility which is almost used in most of day-to-day office work. Arif Masani who is expert in Excel and Tally come with an integrated utility to import-export data from Excel to Tally which will be very useful for people who don’t have hands on Tally.Those people who do not get enough time to learn Basic of Accountancy may find the utility very useful.It will be a great tool for those who are not familiar with Accounting principles or Tally.erp 9 and are struggling here and there to learn Tally.erp 9. All you need is just fill up data in Excel and then import it
By using this utility, just enter the vouchers or ledgers in Excel and import it direct to the
Excel to Tally screen shot is provided here
Excel to tally Features:
1. Multiple debit & credits in one transaction
2. Exports transaction more than 10,00,000 at a time
3. Imports ledgers from tally
4. Highlights ledger names in transactions in excel which are not available in tally.
5. Allows creating ledgers not available in tally at run time
1. Windows xp
2. Tally 7.2 / tally 9 / tally erp
3. Excel 2007
4. RAM : 256 MB (512 MB or higher capacity recommended)
Excel to Tally How to use?
1. Provide financial year (viz. 2008 – 09, 2009 – 10, 2010 – 11)
2. Tally open method
a. Auto (it will open tally automatically)
(Tally version, tally path, data path, company no., and company name must be as per tally)
b. Manual (your company in tally must be open)
(It Won’t Check Company Name In Tally)
3. Provide tally version (viz. Tally 7.2, tally 9, tally9.erp)
4. Tally path (eg. C:\tally\tally72.exe )
5. Tally data (eg. C:\tally\data\ )
6. Company no.
7. Company (as given in tally)
8. Click data entry in Excel to Tally menu
9. Enter you transaction or copy transaction from other excel sheet as per given columns
10. Click export to tally in excel to tally menu
11. If any ledger is not available in tally it will be highlighted.
a. To create those ledger click create ledger in excel to tally menu
b. If you don’t want to create change name of that ledger in tally and then click import ledger list in excel to tally menu after importing ledger, follow from step no. 10 above.
and if you like to market your products/services related to Accountancy, Tally.erp 9, payroll etc, then fill out the contact us form and we will get in touch with you with the Excel to Tally utility.
Excel to Tally | Request a demo
Want to have a demo of Excel to Tally ? Please fill out the form below
I writes about Quick book and Xero Accounting software. you can follow me on twitter @quickbookindia